Rescue, Expedition & Disaster Medicine (RED MED) Online
RESCUE, EXPEDITION AND DISASTER MEDICINE - ONLINE COURSE
The comprehensive RED MED online course encompasses the same didactic material as the onsite course and the RED MED book. This flexible platform enables participants to study at their own pace, one module at a time.
The course provides material for healthcare professionals and support staff working in or aspiring to join, rescue, expedition, disaster response, wilderness, industrial and security teams. The content covers hostile environment awareness training (HEAT), wilderness and environmental topics, survival, expedition planning and logistics, telemedicine, point of care ultrasound (POCUS), landmines, risk management, medical emergency response planning, active shooter and much more.
The course is approved by the UK CPD Certification service for continuing professional development (CPD) credits
This course has been approved for Fellowship in the Academy of Wilderness Medicine (FAWM) credits through the Wilderness Medical Society. Actual credits awarded depend on personal credit needs and history.
- Roles & responsibilities
- Risk Management
- Operational planning & personal preparation
- Helicopter safety
- Helicopter short haul
- Communications & telemedicine
- Equipment selection
- Safety & security
- Hierarchy of rescue
- Search & rescue operations
- Infectious disease
- Disaster response
- Point of care ultrasound (POCUS)
- Active shooter incidents
- Altitude illness, bites and stings, cold injury, bleeding control, heat illness
- Crush injury, suspension syndrome
COMPLETING THIS COURSE YOU WILL:
- Update your specific wilderness medicine knowledge including: scene management, operational planning, patient assessment, patient management and evacuation.
- Learn the essential preparatory and safety information to integrate into and operate with a rescue, expedition or disaster response team
- Complete the pre-requisites to attend any of the on-site, adventure-based courses
- Current WMS FAWM candidates will be eligible to receive FAWM credits*
- Earn 47 continuing professional development (CPD) credits
- For an additional CME certification fee of $250, participants can receive 47.75 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™ **
*“This course has been approved for Fellowship in the Academy of Wilderness Medicine (FAWM) credits through the Wilderness Medical Society. Actual credits awarded depend on personal credit needs and history.”
**“The Wilderness Medical Society designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 47.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Each physician should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.”
“This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Wilderness Medical Society (WMS) and SOS Medical Services. The WMS is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.”
- Course with CPD credits and FAWM credits - $199
- OPTIONAL: Additional AMA CME credits fee: $250
Upon completion of the course, participants are awarded a certificate of completion, UK CPD credits and WMS members enrolled in the Fellowship scheme (FAWM) are eligible to receive credits towards the award. For an additional certification fee of $250, participants successfully completing the course are eligible to receive 47.75 AMA PRA Category 1 credits. Upon completion of the course, please email us for the payment link to register for these CME credits.
How it works:
- Click on the link below to access the platform
- Pay online through PayPal/Credit Card
- Access the course and work through the modules at your own pace
- Complete the module quizzes/assessments along the way
- Receive a certificate of completion at the end.
- Send us your certificate by email and we’ll send you your additional CPD certificate
- Members of the Wilderness Medical Society (WMS), who are registered for the FAWM scheme, should send their completion certificate to the WMS to redeem their Fellowship credits